Friday, August 26, 2005

Table Reads and More...

The table read for 10 Minutes was conducted last night, and I am excited about the film! It is a dark script about a kidnapping gone wrong, and reminds me of a style similar to Tarantino or Rodriguez (think Reservoir Dogs meets Desperado). I play Carl, who is the rich husband of the kidnapped girl. I don't have many lines, but will have to show a range of emotion through expression, and I am looking forward to the challenge. We will be filming early next week in the wee hours of the morning. I can't wait!

The table read for Amateur will be this Sunday afternoon. Amateur is a mockumentary (think Best in Show or A Mighty Wind) about an overzealous youth basketball coach. I play the character of Cliff, who is a father to one of the players. It's a fun film and I am looking forward to the shoot. As an actor, I love to play different roles and try new things. This is definitely on that track!

Production is moving along with The Misguided. I have a whole new respect for the Producer of a film. They are responsible for putting the entire project together, including securing locations, hiring crew, procuring equipment, creating the budget, and holding the auditions for the cast. And that's just the beginning! I'm loving the process though, and I really want this film to be produced at a high level - with my personal goal being for the The Misguided to be competitive in film festivals. I know Chris Seligmiller has a similar vision and I just want to give him every tool possible in order for him to create his artwork.

On another note, Chris has finished the editing of Killers Over Coffee, and he will be presenting it at the Downtown Media Arts Center (DMAC) in Orlando on September 11th, as well as submitting it to the Austin Film Festival's Young Filmmaker Competition. More news to come... stay posted!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job, Marco! It is very exciting to see how many projects you are involved with. I have every confidence that you will continue to excel in this career, as with everything else you do. I look forward to seeing your art in the future. - A

8/27/2005 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home