Saturday, October 06, 2007

Inspiration

As an artist, it's important to keep the creative energy fueled. The more I use my creative abilities (for acting, producing, etc), the more that fuel is drained from me. I am always looking for new sources of fuel, in order to keep my edge. Last night, I found one!

A few of my good friends (and fellow actors) are in a stage production of
The Heidi Chronicles, which is currently showing at the Mad Cow Theatre in Orlando, Florida. Robb Maus and I decided to attend the show to support our friends and the local arts. I was expecting a good show (knowing the talent), but what I experienced was much more.

You never know when inspiration will hit. I watch many movies and television shows, read a lot of books, engage in spiritual exercises, play sports, and listen to a variety of music - all in the hopes of finding that inspiration. And when something affects me deeply, it's like drinking from the fountain of youth. I've experienced such moments in movies such as Donnie Darko and Magnolia; Television shows such as The West Wing and Battlestar Galactica; Books like The Secret and The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success; Music such as Alanis Morissette and Pink Floyd; and Theatrics from Jesus Christ Superstar to Cirque du Soleil.

As of last night, inspiration has struck again. I was so incredibly moved by the story and performances. For those few hours, my creative being was heightened to its fullest. Maybe it was the crisp writing of the play; or maybe it was watching my peers sculpt these deep and emotional characters so effortlessly; or maybe it was the incredible energy flowing in that theater. Either way, I was moved and I was inspired, and I'm ready to continue forward with my own creativity. Thank you Heidi for that inspiration!

The Heidi Chronicles is playing now through October 21st at the Mad Cow Theatre in downtown Orlando. Please go support this wonderful production, and hopefully you will find the same inspiration I did. Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marco, to be apart of something that inspired you is one of the best compliments anyone could get.

You are very special to me, and it's no wonder why.

<3

10/08/2007 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home