Friday, September 02, 2005

A Time To Reflect, A Time To Pray...

There are some moments that come into our lives that make us stop and think... stop and reflect... stop and pray! Hurricane Katrina is now one of those times.

I am still in shock over how devastating this hurricane has been. It is very surreal to me to think that one of the nation's major cities is now gone - possibly forever. New Orleans will never be the same. Many, many years from now, we will be looking back and talking about how the hurricane of 2005 was the one that destroyed New Orleans. I am having trouble grasping that concept.

Even though I see the images on the news, I still am having trouble understanding the extent of the damage. I can't imagine that 80% of a major U.S. city is under water... that all of the population has been evacuated... that these people have been left with nothing! No home... No job... Nothing! It does not seem possible.

I lived through hurricane Andrew back in 1992. This does not compare. I was heartbroken when the September 11th attacks occurred in 2001. This is somehow worse. With both of the previous situations, we could recover. From this, I am unsure...

I know that if you are not directly involved or connected to the area, you may not understand how bad the situation actually is. But I can tell you, whatever you can imagine, it is worse.

Please take the time to stop and reflect on what is important in your life. Stop and reflect on how everything you have and everything you consider important in your life can be gone in an instant. And stop and think about what should be important in your life!

And please, please take and moment to stop and pray for all of those in New Orleans. None of us can possibly imagine what they are going through, and we should pray that we never will. And if there is any way that you can help, please do so - with money, blood, clothes, supplies, or in any way. This is the time where all of us should come together and unite for the benefit of the greater good.

If nothing else, please take the time and reflect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home