Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Scene Study - Week 3

What a great class this week in Scene Study!

First, I really felt connected with the Meisner exercises (which are all about being in the moment and having a true emotional connection with your partner). I felt a new level of that this week, as well as maintaining a decent flow and increasing my vocabulary. Sweet!

Also,
Niki Breit and I performed a scene from Autumn in New York, and it went really well. Once again, I felt true ownership of the character, and I felt completely in the moment with Niki. It was a great experience! Also, I was able to channel my nervous energy as part of the character to enhance the scene. It was truly a break-through week for me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!

Is this scene study part of a college program, or out of a studio, or what? Are you learning parts for a movie you're actually doing - Autumn? Or is it just general practice to keep you sharp?

It sounds like so much fun! Like playing make-believe as a kid, getting to express parts of yourself that otherwise might never see the light of day! (Of course, when I was a kid, we were all Enterprise crewmen exploring alien worlds in the woods beside my house. I'm telling ya, those big ferns were maneaters!)

What is Autumn about? I hope you're having a wonderful time with it.

6/01/2006 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home