Monday, September 12, 2005

"Killers Over Coffee" Debuts

Chris Seligmiller's short film, Killers Over Coffee, made its debut at the Downtown Media Arts Center in Orlando.


The film was very well received and I thought that Chris did a great job with it. I, of course, struggled through watching my performance, and I found many, many areas that I need to improve on. I completely understand why some actors never watch their own work. But I also feel that the best actors are never completely satisfied with their work. Johnny Depp said it best when he said "Satisfaction is death to an actor" - meaning that the best actors are never completely satisfied with their work, and they always strive to improve each performance.

I was very impressed with how Chris handled himself throughout the night. There was a question and answer period and Chris clearly stood out from the other filmmakers - he was much more composed, spoke very well to the audience and was extremely articulate. The audience was quite impressed as well.

We also conducted a production meeting for The Misguided, but I'll save that for my next post.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey M, don't be so hard on yourself, man. You did a great job. Just keep striving to be better with each and every role.

9/15/2005 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home