Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Rehearsing for "Untitled"

The rehearsals are underway for Untitled, and everything is shaping up nicely. We will finish up with our first round tomorrow, and then come back in a couple of weeks for round two - that's when things get serious!

For our second rehearsals, the director has asked us all to be off-book (meaning we have to have all of the lines memorized). It will be interesting to be that far along so early in the game - but it will be a blessing if everyone can get there. It will allow us time to focus on and adjust any of our blocking and the director can also have us try different intentions for the characters. The director's goal is to have us so sharp on set that 1) we can get the shots down as quickly as possible, and 2) our blocking will be precise so we don't have continuity issues later.

It will be interesting developing the character over the next couple of weeks. This is my most intense role to date (I am in 63 of the 74 total scenes in the film). To me, learning the lines was always the easy part - justifying them as the character is the challenge!

I am so excited about this film, but so nervous at the same time. I have a great cast surrounding me, such as actors
Robert Maus, Sara Marx Mitchell and Valensky Sylvain. It will be up to me to pick up my game to their level! I am looking forward to the challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home